Create an amazing Valentine's Heart Balloon Decoration
This gorgeous Valentine's balloon heart is super easy to make but looks amazing. Perfect to add a splash of romance to your bedroom or as a centrepiece for a romantic candlelit dinner or children's valentine's party.
You will need the following:
- Approximately 25 - 30 tiny 5 inch balloons in a few shades of pink
- A large sheet of really strong cardboard
- A large sheet of pink paper or pink paint
- A pencil
- A glue stick
- Glue dots
- A balloon pump (electric or hand)
- Some ribbon or wire for hanging the decoration
- Flowers for decoration
1. Start by taking the large sheet of cardboard and cutting out the shape of a heart.
2. Cover your heart in glue and stick your pink sheet of paper to it. Cut around the edge to remove the excess paper so that you end up with a perfect pretty pink heart. If you don't have any pink paper you could use tissue paper or pink paint.
3. Blow up one of your 5 inch balloons. Only blow it up until you get a round shape. The ones in my photographs measure approximately 4 inches. Next find the centre of the card heart and put a mark there with a pencil. Use a pair of scissors to punch a small hole through the card. Poke the end of the balloon through the hole using the end of the scissors or pencil. One tip is to use some tweezers to pull the balloon noodle through the other side. The back of the heart will end up looking like this (see photo below). Make sure that you pull the knot through. If you make the hole a bit too big then you can always cellotape the noodle on the back to secure it.
4. Blow up the rest of the tiny balloons.
5. Start to insert the other balloons around the central one, using the same method of piercing and pulling the balloons through. If the balloons don't quite touch in places then use some balloon glue dots to secure them into position.
6. Keep arranging and inserting the balloons until you have covered all of the card. If you have a bit showing you can always trim off the excess.
7. If you have any gaps you can always insert some pretty artificial or real flowers to finish it off. Then add some ribbon to the back of the card by tying it to two of the balloon noodles. You can then hang it on the wall like a picture. Finally accessories with love balloons. Hang in the bedroom or in the party room.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.