Deliveries and Collections during Coronavirus
As an online party shop we are all about spreading the joy at your special occasions. We are able to continue trading safely and want to help you continue to celebrate at home with your loved ones with our modern party balloons and stylish decorations.
We wanted to reassure you that we are taking every precaution during these difficult times. We have outlined the steps that we are taking below;
Deliveries by Post
- We have taken the decision to suspend next day delivery during this period due to unreliability at Royal Mail.
- At present Royal Mail delivery times seem to be almost back to normal but due to the new lockdown and Christmas approaching we anticipate that deliveries will start to take longer. Royal Mail 24 generally takes from 1 - 4 days. Royal Mail 48 can take around a week. However we strongly advise allowing extra time to receive your party goods. There will still be areas that are unpredictable due to staff shortages and these will vary according to area and from week to week. We will not be held responsible if your order does not reach you in time as it is completely out of our control. You can read the latest information from the post office here
- Please bear mind that we normally don't dispatch at the weekend. We are trying to dispatch on a Saturday at the moment but the last post collection is at 11.30am so we will only be able to dispatch items received before 08.00. Dispatch on a Saturday is not guaranteed as it depends on how busy we are with local collections and helium balloons, so please factor this into your time frames for delivery.
- As a sole trader only one person is responsible for packing your orders as we have no employees so no one is being put at risk. We are constantly washing hands, wearing masks and using sanitiser whilst packing.
- Royal Mail delivery times abroad may be delayed due to the reduced number of flights taking off from the UK and by your countries national postal service due to covid affecting staff shortages. For the latest advice on delivery times in your country please check this page on the Royal Mail website to see if your parcel is likely to be delayed if you live outside of the UK.
In order to protect yourself further, guidance has been issued by the World Health Organisation in relation to parcels.
They have stated the 'risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is low.’
How can I minimise risk further?
If you are worried about receiving any packages, there are several measures you can take to further minimise your risk:
- Disinfect your parcel with an alcohol-based wipe before opening it
- Minimise your contact with the parcel
- Wash your hands thoroughly after opening for at least 20 seconds
- Quickly discard any empty packaging
Collections from Ruislip
- In line with Government guidance we are still able to offer our click and collect service as it is contactless and operates from outside of our residential premises. Payment must be made in advance of pick ups. If you live in or near Ruislip and need your items in a hurry you can simply browse the website and then select "pick up instore"at option at check out and then contact us to arrange your collection.
- If you need the items at short notice (in an hour/same day) please contact us by email in the first instance to check that we are able to pack everything within your time frame as some items take longer to pack (i.e. balloon garland kits) and we may be busy with helium balloon orders or online orders.
- If you require helium inflation you may need to liaise with us on the chatbot on the website or by email to agree items required, price and how to pay as generally balloon prices on the website are only for un-inflated items (apart from our helium inflated collection where you can order helium items).
- We will then contact you to agree pick up time and date.
- Upon arrival at our premises call us to confirm that you have arrived and we will bring out the items to you and leave them a safe distance away to ensure social distancing at all times. Please wear a mask for collections.
We hope this clarifies our procedures. We take the health and wellbeing of ourselves and our lovely customers very seriously and would really not want to put anyone at risk.
I will update this page if anything changes.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.